Monday, December 31, 2012

I Hate Blogs . . .

Over the course of several years I have come to hate blogs - mine included. Often times a blog expresses an opinion as if an expert. However it is only PhD caliber rhetoric without the substance. In light of my disdain for blogs it's reasonable to ask why I even bother having a blog -albeit one that I rarely post on. The reason is simple: for information to be effective one must continue to acquiesce to how culture wants to receive information. So perhaps my issue is not with blogs per se, but with people who sit behind a computer screen ranting and raving about whatever is up their jockstrap. How information is disseminated is less my concern than who is tapping at each key stroke. So the lesson to my concern is as follows: be careful about what you read and be even more careful about who you read it from.

No comments: